Sunday, April 6, 2008

South Beach for sissies

Conclusion: Obviously, one week on South Beach phase 1 isn't the proper course - two weeks is what's supposed to happen. Oh, well. Not to mention that I slipped more than once during the week, which probably affected my results.
What were the results? Well, I did lose a couple of pounds. I'm now 125/6, depending on if I jiggle the scale while standing on it.
I also learned that, due to the convenience of things like chips, bread, tortillas, etc, I probably previously ate more carbs than other things that are also healthy, like veggies. I've decided a better balance is a good idea and I'm going to try to incorporate fresh vegetables more regularly than I have in the past. Other than that, though, hitting the end of this diet is a relief. What's kind of fun is that I have a new appreciation for the simple pleasures of things like toast.

3 comments:

L.B. said...

So does this mean this blog is done since we're now less than 1,000 seconds or so from the end of the week?

A.C. said...

Nah, see the poll - there's only a little time left to vote for next week's experiment.

A.C. said...

Actually, I jumped ahead a little and started the jogging option.